Monday 9 March 2015

Goodbye, India!


We are back in Amritsar, the Golden Temple of the sikhs. Five months ago we started our journey through India from here. Tomorrow we are finishing it and moving forward.

If someone would mark all the countries of the world on one straight line, Iceland and India would be placed on the two opposite ends of it. We started our journey in Iceland, and Iceland and India are just so different in... everything. Lifestyle, people, esthetics, availability of clean and warm water, wealth, population, nature. I feel like we have had a chance to see two different worlds during this one trip.

When we just arrived in India we couldn't understand those many travelers who once have been here want to return again and again. We decided that it's worth to experience India, but ...once is enough. Now, after almost half a year spent here, we are already planning our next trip to North-Eastern states.

Of course, I am excited to leave tomorrow, our trip has took unexpected turns and we still have many unknown places to explore before returning back home. Still I'm a bit sad as during the time spent here I have learned to love India. I can love it as I can love a relative. I can see all its disadvantages, it can often annoy me, I can disagree with it on many things, still I love it. Incredible India.

No comments:

Post a Comment