Friday 15 August 2014

100 ways how to cook a fish

In this post I want to share some pictures of our temporary hometown. We will be leaving this place for good on 1st of October. Yesterday we bought our plane tickets, one way to Delhi. It still makes me feel excited and freaked out at the same time. On our way to India we're gonna make a few stops, including a 24 hours long one in... Jordania. The most random destination I've ever had, still it makes the flight to Delhi quite a lot cheaper.

But for now we are still in Iceland, spending most of our time in Keflavik. If I was writting a book about our life here, I would call it "100 ways how to cook a fish". Fish factories near the coast, fishermen going home at the evening when I'm having my walk near the harbour, the smell of fish in the air, fish in local supermarket, fish on my dinner plate. Fish, fish, fish. And rocks. And wind.
That's Keflavik.

A lovely small harbour on the way to my favourite place - the cliff.

 
On the cliff. Lupīnas wich were blossoming all around here when we arrived are gone now uncovering the ground of lava rocks and fluffy moss.

 
 
 
Town Keflavik. Icelandic towns always make me think of how brave people Icelanders should be to settle their lifes down on the windy fields of rocks.

The sign on the door of this house warns: Crazy cat. I think those two look quite similiar!

Another "sign"  at the door. When the days are rainy and grey, you can draw your own sun or even two!

No comments:

Post a Comment